20+ years of experience contributing to the success of a CPA FIRM. Background in managing day-to-day FRONT- and BACK-OFFICE OPERATIONS and FACILITIES. Proven record of developing systems that reduce operational costs. Results-oriented and analytical individual with excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, organizational, planning, and project management skills. Dedicated team player capable of establishing rapport at all levels. Strengths include:
Scheduling / Logistics
Clerical Skills / Data Entry
Phones, Filing, Fax, Photocopying
Correspondence, Word Processing, Reports
Maintain Calendar / Scheduling Appointments
Domestic / International Travel Arrangements Bookkeeping
Payroll / Benefits
AP / AR / Invoicing / Billing
Purchase Orders / Expense Reports
Computer / Technical Skills
Microsoft (MS) Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Access); XP; Word Perfect; Profound
OPERATIONS / OFFICE MANAGER H.J. Behrman & Co, LLP, CPAs – New York, NY 1980–2008
Managed 60–100 staff accounting office. Coordinated all aspects of daily operations for clerical and professional personnel. Analyzed and organized procedures and work flow for typing, records, and copying departments, reception, correspondence, and purchasing / ordering equipment and supplies.
• Successfully hired, trained, supervised, and mentored personnel; conducted evaluations and performance reviews.
• Generated pro forma financial statements to facilitate accurate preparation and fast turnaround time.
• Documented, prioritized, and supervised the typing, reproduction, collation, and binding of financial statements.
• Supervised the collation of heavy-volume tax returns, including partnerships with over 100 partners, closely held corporations, high net worth individuals, trusts and estates, many with multiple states.
• Conducted final reviews of financial statements before delivery, ensuring all required standards are met. Resolved discrepancies with the Director of Quality Control or partner-in-charge.
• Maintained historical and statistical data on reports filed.
• Managed and certified the timely electronic submission of reports to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for all HUD jobs.
• Customized and set up secured templates for easy access of all forms to be used by clients and staff.
• Selected, negotiated, and purchased office equipment and supplies. Maintained all inventory.
• Negotiated contracts with vendors for prices usually given to larger companies.
• Managed successful record retention system for quick recall and timely destruction.
• Controlled and updated company clientele mailing lists; produced mailings, brochures, and promotional materials.
• Handled client billing; tracked client disbursements for billing. Handled petty cash.
• Maintained and supervised the operations of all office equipments, including copiers, fax machines, and postal services.
• Achieved significant cost savings by cutting support staff overtime while meeting or beating all deadlines.